Noun(1) something done (usually as opposed to something said(2) the state of being active(3) a military engagement(4) a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings(5) the series of events that form a plot(6) the trait of being active and energetic and forceful(7) the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism(8) a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong(9) an act by a government body or supranational organization(10) the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field
Verb(1) institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against(2) put in effect
(1) If a writ in a Queen's Bench action is not issued within the statutory time limit the action cannot proceed.(2) Neil at GfB makes no mention of any betting action on the Czech-Greece game.(3) It will be in place on match-days so that fans can catch up on the latest Sunday sporting action before and after the Knights home matches.(4) It was a complete jump away from slow-moving stories to one containing action and excitement.(5) When we demand the government take action in a field we no nothing about we are courting disaster.(6) After his accident in the spring of 1988, Kenneth sued for damages in a civil action .(7) So probably not much exciting, government-toppling action for me sadly.(8) There isn't actually a lot of dramatic action happening - much of the story revolves around the psychology.(9) The first sporting action will be at Hampden Park where the football tournament will kick off.(10) lights, camera, action(11) Most National Guard and Reservists sign up thinking they'll never see action , let alone deployment overseas.(12) Military action is but a single prong of a much larger and broader effort to halt the threat of terrorism.(13) a piano with an escapement action(14) Ralph the Heir was written in spring and summer 1869 - the same period that the novel's action is set.(15) The tetrodo-toxin produced has a selective blocking effect on nerve action potentials.(16) The darkness of winter slows the city's heartbeat, making our every action or movement an effort.
(1) take action :: कारवाई
(2) action movie :: कृती मूव्ही
(3) action plan :: कृती आराखडा
(4) action film :: क्रिया चित्रपट
(5) course of action :: क्रिया अर्थातच
(6) legal action :: कायदेशीर कारवाई
(7) action figure :: क्रिया आकृती
(8) rising action :: वाढत्या कारवाई
(9) missing in action :: कृतीमधे कमतरता
(10) action item :: क्रिया आयटम
1. deed ::
3. energy ::
4. effect ::
5. excitement ::
6. fighting ::
7. lawsuit ::
8. legal action ::
9. activity ::
10. natural process ::
11. process ::
12. fulfill ::
action, actionable, actions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...who tries to buy my love
with ACTION figures.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Step two, a promise
never to repeat said ACTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
So the doctor prescribed Nizoral
and it blocked enzyme ACTION,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
And an Aquaman ACTION figure.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
- Excuse me, this whole idea's insane.
- Enough debate. I'm going to take ACTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
English to Marathi Dictionary: action
Meaning and definitions of action, translation in Marathi
language for action with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of action in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'action'
What action means in Marathi, action meaning
in Marathi, action
definition, examples and pronunciation
of action in Marathi language.