Preposition(1) in opposition to.(2) in anticipation of and preparation for (a problem or difficulty).(3) in conceptual contrast to.(4) in or into physical contact with (something), typically so as to be supported by or collide with it.
(1) the odds were 5├ö├ç├┤1 against Pittsburgh(2) But the pub is appealing against the decision and is allowed to continue trading in the meantime.(3) With the cirrus they created a faint lattice of white against light blue.(4) The door was slammed hard against the wall, sending it rocking on its hinges.(5) He has already won 21 races and few would bet against that number increasing in the season to come.(6) Not only will they be unable to use parasols for protection against the sun, they will not be allowed to take in food or drink.(7) She banged her head lightly against the wall and heard the ringing noise of metal.(8) If the player does not wish to bet against the second card, a third card can be called for at the same price.(9) he hit his head against the door(10) Those who ignore the zone can be reported to trading standards officers who might take legal action against them.(11) he was silhouetted against the light of the stair window(12) This has to be weighed against the cost of redeeming early and the fees that often accompany taking out a new deal.(13) they won three matches as against our two(14) We will not tolerate abuse of staff who are simply trying to do their job and we will take legal action against residents who do this.(15) It is one of the various small ways in which the public can fight back against the people who are undermining their quality of life.(16) against medical advice
(1) against all odds :: सर्व शक्यता विरुद्ध
(2) rise against :: उठेल
(3) against the law :: नियमशास्त्राच्या विरुद्ध
(4) go against :: विरुद्ध
(5) against the grain :: धान्य विरुद्ध
(6) fight against :: विरुद्ध लढा
(7) turn against :: विरुद्ध चालू
(8) guard against :: सावध
(9) compete against :: विरुद्ध स्पर्धा
(10) come up against :: हल्ला
1. opposed to ::
2. in opposition to ::
3. disadvantageous to ::
4. touching ::
1. for ::
2. pro ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Hindu gods
AGAINST the entire Union Army?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
Whenever I got into the pit
AGAINST a beast like that one,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
My war was AGAINST them.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
The war AGAINST my sister
has already begun.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
You have no idea
what you're up AGAINST,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
English to Marathi Dictionary: against
Meaning and definitions of against, translation in Marathi
language for against with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of against in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'against'
What against means in Marathi, against meaning
in Marathi, against
definition, examples and pronunciation
of against in Marathi language.