Verb(1) perform an act, usually with a negative connotation(2) give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause(3) cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution(4) confer a trust upon(5) make an investment(6) engage in or perform
(1) they were reluctant to commit themselves to an opinion(2) They will commit immoral acts for their organisations they might not consider committing for themselves.(3) once I commit I tend to get scared(4) Because he knows that this Government will not commit the resources that the police need.(5) try it out before you commit to a purchase(6) I happily commit this bill to the select committee.(7) The therapist and his supervisor decided to commit Poddar to hospital and called the police to help.(8) Those events led authorities to commit Wolfli to the Waldau Psychiatric Clinic near Bern in 1895, where he was diagnosed as schizophrenic and remained in residence until his death 35 years later.(9) she didn't love him enough to commit herself to him(10) Top leadership must desire the change enough to commit time, resources, and energy.(11) He said the city will commit resources towards eradicating these maladies.(12) I commit the bill to the select committee for consideration.(13) We must commit enough planning and resources to protect and enhance our access to, and use of, space.(14) he composed a letter but didn't commit it to paper(15) manufacturers will have to commit substantial funds to developing new engines(16) Peers have also been proven to have an effect on students who commit violent acts on school grounds.
(1) commit suicide :: आत्महत्या
(2) commit a crime :: गुन्हा
(3) commit to :: पाप
(4) commit adultery :: व्यभिचार
(5) commit oneself :: वचनबद्ध
(6) commit to memory :: तोंडपाठ
(7) commit a sin :: पाप
(8) commit an offense :: एक गुन्हा
(9) commit to paper :: कागद पाप
2. entrust ::
3. pledge ::
4. consign ::
5. hospitalize ::
रोगी म्हणून रूग्णालयात दाखल करणे
6. give ::
7. institutionalize ::
8. trust ::
9. place ::
10. pull ::
11. practice ::
1. hold ::
2. keep ::
3. retain ::
commit, commitment, commitments, commits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Everything will fall into place
once you COMMIT to her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
I didn't COMMIT my men to your cause
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
After he sentenced me to death
for a crime I didn't COMMIT.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Men at war COMMIT all kinds of crimes
without their superiors' knowledge.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
The opportunity to live and die at the Wall
as punishment for a crime I did not COMMIT?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
English to Marathi Dictionary: commit
Meaning and definitions of commit, translation in Marathi
language for commit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of commit in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'commit'
What commit means in Marathi, commit meaning
in Marathi, commit
definition, examples and pronunciation
of commit in Marathi language.