Noun(1) an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose(2) something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect(3) any clever maneuver(4) any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery(5) an emblematic design (especially in heraldry
(1) a measuring device(2) The traditional device is to terrify the population.(3) Obviously, this a rhetorical device : a trope or some sort of shorthand for the linking of theory to practice.(4) Instead, what we end up with is a parlor trick as plot device , a shockingly surreal way of keeping both husband and wife front and center in the storyline.(5) a rhetorical device(6) the decorative device on the invitations(7) He asks her to go to Hong Kong with him but she rejects his offer using the device of a card trick and both leave with regret.(8) These told me that Lichtenstein's style defined his approach - he made it his own; it wasn't an affectation, a mere imitative device or clever trick.(9) The other piece of equipment is a device called a hydrometer, which measures alcoholic strength.(10) an incendiary device(11) Her cave was stored with scrolls of strange device .(12) Oh, and Scully had a kid who could move things around with his mind, a plot device I haven't seen since Bewitched.(13) A dirty bomb is an explosive device manufactured to spread harmful radioactive material over a wide range.(14) writing a letter to a newspaper is a traditional device for signalling dissent(15) Well it's a bomb, an explosive device , which has contained within it some radioactive material.(16) Moore's method uses the axiomatic method as an instructional device .
(1) storage device :: स्टोरेज साधन
(2) input device :: इनपुट डिव्हाइस
(3) device driver :: डिव्हाइस ड्राइव्हर
(4) medical device :: वैद्यकीय उपकरण
(5) output device :: आउटपुट साधन
(6) measuring device :: डिव्हाइस मोजण्यासाठी
(7) peripheral device :: गौण साधन
(8) electronic device :: इलेक्ट्रॉनिक उपकरण
(9) device name :: उपकरणाचे नाव
(10) mobile device :: मोबाइल डिव्हाइस
1. implement ::
2. ploy ::
3. emblem ::
4. gimmick ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Although it occurs to me, you may
have been employing a rhetorical DEVICE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
or a homing DEVICE
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Okay, so what it sounds like is what we want
is a DEVICE that can deliver a message...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
Now we just need to figure out
a delivery DEVICE,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
I'm worried about Sheldon someday
setting off a low-yield nuclear DEVICE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
English to Marathi Dictionary: device
Meaning and definitions of device, translation in Marathi
language for device with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of device in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'device'
What device means in Marathi, device meaning
in Marathi, device
definition, examples and pronunciation
of device in Marathi language.