Noun(1) a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain(2) British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943(3) a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject(4) the principal field of study of a student at a university
Verb(1) have as one's principal field of study
Adjective(1) of greater importance or stature or rank(2) greater in scope or effect(3) greater in number or size or amount, a majority(4) of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes(5) (of a scale or mode(6) of greater seriousness or danger(7) of full legal age(8) of the elder of two boys with the same family name
(1) The Symphony consists of only three movements - a pathetic Allegro in D minor, a highly original Scherzo in the same key, and a blissful Adagio in E major .(2) They have a son Marcus, an Army major with the Highlanders regiment and a daughter, Susan, who lives in Devon.(3) Every undergrad theater major knows that the core of drama is conflict between people.(4) Agriculture is still the major industry and the main employer throughout the country.(5) a major road(6) The officer in front, a major , bent and jabbed him with his swagger stick.(7) I had a major operation so I was a bit low, but within a day of surgery we were laughing and joking.(8) We have the highest economic growth of any of the world's major industrialized nations.(9) if something major crops up, let me know(10) Heart disease and strokes are major causes of death and ill health in the Western Health Board region.(11) The modern Games, and many other major sports festivals, follow a similar format.(12) The individualized major in business administration provides the opportunity for a broad survey of business subjects.(13) On all major roads leading into this town are signs boldly identifying Skipton as an historic market town.(14) The first modulates from the tonic key and concludes with a cadence in a related key, usually the dominant for pieces in the major , the relative major for pieces in the minor.(15) he was a History major(16) The head of the corps would have the title of colonel but receive the lower pay of an army major .
(1) major in :: प्रमुख
(2) the major :: प्रमुख
(3) major subject :: मुख्य विषय
(4) major changes :: मोठे बदल
(5) major city :: प्रमुख शहर
(6) major field of study :: अभ्यास प्रमुख क्षेत्र
(7) major part :: प्रमुख भाग
(8) major industries :: मोठे उद्योग
(9) pectoralis major :: pectoralis प्रमुख
2. crucial ::
3. important ::
4. serious ::
1. inconsiderable ::
2. insignificant ::
3. insubstantial ::
4. negligible ::
5. nominal ::
major, majored, majorette, majorettes, majoring, majorly, majors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Major, why is this flaxen plum
ridin' ahead of you?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
This fly is a MAJOR problem for us.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 10
All right, the pitcher's mound
in Major League Baseball...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
["MAJOR TOM (COMlNG HOME)"
PLAYlNG ON TV]
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
May I remind you, you're the president
of a MAJOR university...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
English to Marathi Dictionary: major
Meaning and definitions of major, translation in Marathi
language for major with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of major in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'major'
What major means in Marathi, major meaning
in Marathi, major
definition, examples and pronunciation
of major in Marathi language.