Noun(1) a contemporary person(2) a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni
Adjective(1) belonging to the modern era; since the Middle Ages(2) relating to a recently developed fashion or style(3) characteristic of present-day art and music and literature and architecture(4) ahead of the times(5) used of a living language; being the current stage in its development
(1) The roof has been repaired and modern kitchen equipment installed.(2) I find that surprising, because there was an opportunity to completely redraft that part into modern language.(3) In this way, she presents a refreshing alternative to official and political histories of modern India.(4) Some examples of words which never made it into the modern language.(5) It was Sir Thomas More who thrust the words Utopia and Utopian into the canon of modern language.(6) Manchester is a hotbed of modern architecture and art.(7) It was an interesting display of modern equipment and technology.(8) By merely dubbing it as elitist or foreign we cannot wish away the fact that it is as much a part of our heritage as any other modern Indian language.(9) The grey bridges stood silently above the rivers, with the rubbish of modern life floating past occasionally.(10) Be happy to move with the times - be more modern and embrace more modern equipment and technology.(11) The event also saw the launch of a new Book of Common Prayer, containing services in traditional and modern language.(12) Hardly anything in modern art is more familiar than a Modigliani painting.(13) The play takes the audience through a remarkable journey from past to modern South Africa by means of dance and song.(14) It is humbling to remember that the two lives saved that day weren't due to fancy new techniques or expensive modern technology.(15) Some are remote from modern civilisation, others survive cheek by jowl with spreading towns and motorways.(16) he's a modern man
(1) modern times :: आधुनिक काळातील
(2) modern life :: आधुनिक जीवन
(3) modern languages :: आधुनिक भाषा
(4) modern world :: आधुनिक जगात
(5) modern dance :: आधुनिक नृत्य
(6) modern conveniences :: आधुनिक सोई
(7) very modern :: अतिशय आधुनिक
(8) in modern times :: आधुनिक काळातील
(9) modern age :: आधुनिक युगात
(10) modern history :: आधुनिक इतिहास
1. present-day ::
2. fashionable ::
3. advanced ::
5. new ::
1. antiquated ::
2. archaic ::
3. dated ::
4. fusty ::
जुनाट कल्पना असलेला
5. musty ::
modern, modernization, modernly, modernness, moderns, postmodern
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That innovation is what made possible
our MODERN consumer culture...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
...of multi-loop N=8 supergravity
using MODERN twistor theory.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
Oh, it's so wonderful that you MODERN gals
can have it all.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
Only the MODERN Green Lantern
is vulnerable to yellow.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
What's wrong with me, I'm not supposed
to like museums or MODERN painters?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
English to Marathi Dictionary: modern
Meaning and definitions of modern, translation in Marathi
language for modern with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of modern in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'modern'
What modern means in Marathi, modern meaning
in Marathi, modern
definition, examples and pronunciation
of modern in Marathi language.