Noun(1) an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions(2) what something is used for(3) the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
Verb(1) propose or intend(2) reach a decision
(1) It is grossly unfair and it is defeating the purpose of these meetings.(2) it can only be used for the purpose of self-defence(3) Duncan Smith has approached the past week with the focus and sense of purpose to be expected of a former Scots Guard.(4) They understood the purpose of the meeting was to discuss incorporating a new company.(5) It was created for the purpose of promoting advancement and prosperity of our continent.(6) there was a new sense of purpose in her step as she set off(7) the wall wasn't built for that purpose(8) Thus the reasons for and the purpose behind a person's detention are all-important.(9) He appealed to the teachers to inculcate human values and a sense of purpose in life among children.(10) what's your main purpose in life?(11) If you've made an effort, you should explain the purpose and the reason behind it.(12) The midfield pairing provided Rangers with a dynamic, unrelenting sense of purpose .(13) There's a high degree of trust, a very high degree of camaraderie and sense of purpose .(14) the building is no longer needed for its original purpose(15) It is a self-conscious feeling of insecurity about their own status and sense of purpose in society today.(16) for what purpose?
(1) on purpose :: उद्देश
(2) general purpose :: सामान्य हेतू
(3) for the purpose of :: हेतूने
(4) for the purpose :: हेतूसाठी
(5) main purpose :: मुख्य उद्देश
(6) for this purpose :: या हेतूने
(7) all-purpose :: सर्व हेतू
(8) infinitive of purpose :: उद्देश पुरूषवचनानुसार न बदलणारे क्रियापदाचे टु युक्त किंवा टु विरहित रूप
(9) sole purpose :: एकमात्र उद्देश
1. motive ::
2. intention ::
3. advantage ::
4. function ::
5. determination ::
6. intent ::
7. intend ::
8. resolve ::
9. purport ::
purpose, purposed, purposeful, purposeless, purposely, purposes, purposing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Sometimes do you talk fancy
on PURPOSE to confuse me?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Wait, so you were making your
hair look like that on PURPOSE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
Hey, you were funny
on PURPOSE-- good job.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
What is the PURPOSE of a toy?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
However, pain has an evolutionary PURPOSE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 15
English to Marathi Dictionary: purpose
Meaning and definitions of purpose, translation in Marathi
language for purpose with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of purpose in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'purpose'
What purpose means in Marathi, purpose meaning
in Marathi, purpose
definition, examples and pronunciation
of purpose in Marathi language.