Noun(1) the land along the edge of a body of water(2) a beam or timber that is propped against a structure to provide support
Verb(1) serve as a shore to(2) arrive on shore(3) support by placing against something solid or rigid
(1) The first fossils from this area were found in 1819 in limestone along the lake's shore , and new species continue to be found there.(2) All the events are in a continuous space, stretching along the lake shore and including the youth camp.(3) On top of that, a government that is behind in the polls and not too far from the next election might not be able to resist the temptation to get involved and shore up its support.(4) rescue workers had to shore up the building, which was in danger of collapse(5) The salmon can be raised economically only in pens along the ocean shore or in estuaries.(6) Anyone is free to try to make the claim that availing oneself of Western Capitalism or failing to challenge it actively is helping to shore it up and siding with the status quo.(7) But he certainly helped to accelerate the rate of economic and social change in the cities and towns along the shore of Lake Michigan.(8) Congress approved a $700 billion plan to shore up the financial industry(9) When the domination of the multinational corporations is threatened, the military violence of the state is used to shore the system up.(10) I took the tiller and made for the shore(11) Will direct marketing shore up this weak spot in our defenses?(12) Hopefully, clubs will rally round and try to help them out, perhaps by loaning players to shore them up in the short term.(13) This would mark the start of our trek along the shore of Loch Ness.(14) Cutting prices may shore things up temporarily and makes sense as Christmas approaches.(15) I made for the shore(16) A 15th century stately home near Westbury is still experiencing major structural problems two years after action was taken to shore it up.
(1) shore up :: अप तट
(2) on the shore :: किनाऱ्यावर
(3) shore leave :: किनारा रजा
(4) along the shore :: शोर बाजूने
(5) for shore :: किनारा साठी
(6) on shore :: किनाऱ्यावर
(7) the other shore :: इतर किनारा
(8) sandy shore :: वालुकामय किनारा
(9) lake shore :: लेक किनारा
1. seashore ::
2. shoring ::
3. prop up ::
4. prop ::
5. land ::
shore, shored, shores, shoring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We need to SHORE up Castle Black
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
to SHORE up the stock price
of Gray Matter Technologies
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
Jörmungand reared up and the waves pummeled the SHORE
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
we need to SHORE up
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
to the salt SHORE in the South.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
English to Marathi Dictionary: shore
Meaning and definitions of shore, translation in Marathi
language for shore with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shore in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'shore'
What shore means in Marathi, shore meaning
in Marathi, shore
definition, examples and pronunciation
of shore in Marathi language.