Noun(1) a fact about some part (as opposed to general(2) a medicine that has a mitigating effect on a specific disease
Adjective(1) (sometimes followed by `to'(2) stated explicitly or in detail(3) relating to or distinguishing or constituting a taxonomic species(4) being or affecting a disease produced by a particular microorganism or condition; used also of stains or dyes used in making microscope slides
(1) the specific needs of each child(2) In rural areas, the division of labor is usually clearly prescribed, with specific tasks assigned to men and women.(3) Some events are specific to a particular ethnic group.(4) It was very specific to that part of the country.(5) Identify mutual goals and specific practices to reach these goals.(6) And he said a clearly expressed specific intention that something should be complied with just overrode that general provision.(7) Clearly his agenda was specific , his devotion to justice absolute.(8) They crafted advertorial content that was specific to each magazine.(9) Write out specific instructions for your guests.(10) specific drugs(11) These features are not specific to NAS the company.(12) specific information(13) Some gods were specific to particular towns or places.(14) Follow the manufacturer's specific instructions.(15) In this work it is hard to identify specific organs, aside from the pair of yellow mounds at one end that appear to represent lungs.(16) The next chapter will be much more specific on this issue.
(1) specific gravity :: विशिष्ट गुरुत्व
(2) specific heat :: विशिष्ट उष्णता
(3) be specific :: विशिष्ट
(4) specific performance :: विशिष्ट कामगिरी
(5) specific weight :: विशिष्ट वजन
(6) specific purpose :: विशिष्ट हेतूसाठी
(7) specific volume :: विशिष्ट खंड
(8) not specific :: विशिष्ट नाही
(9) specific heat capacity :: विशिष्ट उष्णता क्षमता
(10) specific density :: विशिष्ट घनता
1. particular ::
3. fixed ::
4. set ::
5. determined ::
6. distinct ::
7. definite ::
8. single ::
9. individual ::
10. peculiar ::
11. discrete ::
12. express ::
13. precise ::
14. particular ::
nonspecific, specific, specification, specifications, specificity, specifics, unspecific
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Star Trek V has SPECIFIC failures
in writing and direction...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
...of a SPECIFIC object or organism.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
Criticisms are more hurtful
when they're SPECIFIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 15
- ...what's new?
- You'll have to be more SPECIFIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
Anyplace SPECIFIC, or just
the Bozeman, Montana loony bin?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
English to Marathi Dictionary: specific
Meaning and definitions of specific, translation in Marathi
language for specific with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of specific in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'specific'
What specific means in Marathi, specific meaning
in Marathi, specific
definition, examples and pronunciation
of specific in Marathi language.