Noun(1) a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment(2) a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.(3) a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation(4) a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices(5) the appropriate or desirable thing
Verb(1) issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty(2) provide with a ticket for passage or admission
(1) Earl F. Dodge has run for President on the Prohibition ticket in every election since 1984.(2) Now there's another story, which is Lieberman, the first Jewish candidate, Orthodox Jewish candidate on a national ticket .(3) People are getting no satisfaction and they are strongly considering having somebody stand in the May elections on a ticket of keeping the school open.(4) You know, a traffic ticket was what she really was responsible for, and she ended up going to prison for committing a felony.(5) In Westmount, they ticket you for idling in a car for four minutes.(6) The concept of going forward with a unity ticket that was bipartisan was always something that we had on the table.(7) However, it is necessary to use a paper ticket for international travel.(8) Everyone looks to take advantage of every loophole available when paying taxes, paying a traffic ticket , appearing for jury duty or whatever.(9) It raises the prospect of the Lib Dems going into the election on a ticket backing extra powers for the Parliament, putting at odds with Labour.(10) Are there candidates on the anti-globalisation ticket , then, Tony?(11) Progress fought the election on an anti-immigrant ticket .(12) A police officer witnessed this blatant disregard for the law and attempted to ticket the student for jaywalking.(13) Another important rule is that they can't ticket you while you're in the drivers seat of your car, or at your vehicle.(14) his presence on the Republican ticket(15) drugs are seen as the only ticket out of poverty(16) They each handed their tickets to the ticket taker and entered the plane.
(1) return ticket :: परतीचे तिकीट
(2) ticket office :: तिकीट कार्यालय
(3) plane ticket :: विमानाचे तिकीट
(4) air ticket :: विमानाचे तिकीट
(5) parking ticket :: पार्किंग तिकीट
(6) train ticket :: रेल्वे तिकीट
(7) ticket counter :: तिकीट काउंटर
(8) single ticket :: एकच तिकीट
(9) one-way ticket :: एका दिशेचे तिकीट
(10) ticket window :: तिकीट खिडकी
1. pass ::
2. tag ::
3. slate ::
4. just the ticket ::
5. fine ::
ticket, ticketed, ticketing, tickets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
-"Da, da." Maybe.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
♪ Everybody get your TICKET today
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
without buying a TICKET?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
This is my TICKET to Star Wars.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
I have an extra TICKET
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
English to Marathi Dictionary: ticket
Meaning and definitions of ticket, translation in Marathi
language for ticket with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ticket in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ticket'
What ticket means in Marathi, ticket meaning
in Marathi, ticket
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ticket in Marathi language.