Noun(1) a unit of language that native speakers can identify(2) a brief statement(3) information about recent and important events(4) a verbal command for action(5) an exchange of views on some topic(6) a promise(7) a string of bits stored in computer memory(8) the divine word of God; the second person in the Trinity (incarnate in Jesus(9) a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group(10) the sacred writings of the Christian religions
Verb(1) put into words or an expression
(1) My parents always make me live up to my word so I asked them to live up to theirs.(2) In fact, they didn't speak a word till it was over and once it was over, they clapped.(3) The word was that an order had come down from the White House that the Pentagon's contingency planning was to be shelved immediately.(4) But our past is fraught with his infidelity in word , in deed and most likely in his heart and mind.(5) They will not be satisfied until we agree with them and prove that we agree with them in thought, word and deed.(6) can I have a word?(7) They reclaim a union between word and deed, utterance and action.(8) Members spread the word by text messages, e-mails and leaflets which are handed out in towns and cities.(9) Why is everyone falling in love with Bridget when she's let her looks go to pot and appears in word , deed and fashion air-brained?(10) More than a decade after her fall from power, there are still ordinary, otherwise sane people who wouldn't hear a word spoken against her.(11) You should know I live in a small community and that word travels fast around here.(12) a word of warning(13) He gave her directions onto a narrow winding road, and told her to drive down it until he gave her the word to stop.(14) I don't like the word ├ö├ç├┐unofficial├ö├ç├û(15) we were given the word to advance(16) I doubt your word
(1) word processor :: शब्द प्रक्रिया करणारा
(2) word processing :: वर्ड प्रोसेसिंग
(3) word order :: शब्द अनुक्रम
(4) last word :: शेवटचा शब्द
(5) one word :: एक शब्द
(6) word search :: शब्द शोध
(7) compound word :: कंपाऊंड शब्द
(8) word list :: शब्द सूची
1. term ::
2. remark ::
3. script ::
4. promise ::
5. talk ::
6. news ::
7. rumor ::
8. instruction ::
9. command ::
10. motto ::
11. son ::
13. book ::
14. give-and-take ::
देणे आणि घेणे
15. parole ::
16. watchword ::
17. phrase ::
word, wordage, worded, wordily, wording, wordings, wordless, words, wordy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
She's gonna hate how often
we say the WORD "panels."
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
What's this WORD?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
A WORD, a gesture...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
No one will talk to your daughters,
you have my WORD.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
Oh! "Enhances." Fancy WORD for a sellsWORD.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
English to Marathi Dictionary: word
Meaning and definitions of word, translation in Marathi
language for word with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of word in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'word'
What word means in Marathi, word meaning
in Marathi, word
definition, examples and pronunciation
of word in Marathi language.