Noun(1) a wound resulting from biting by an animal or a person(2) a small amount of solid food; a mouthful(3) a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin(4) a light informal meal(5) (angling(6) wit having a sharp and caustic quality(7) a strong odor or taste property(8) the act of gripping or chewing off with the teeth and jaws(9) a portion removed from the whole
Verb(1) to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws(2) cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort(3) penetrate or cut, as with a knife(4) deliver a sting to
(1) I glared at her while taking a bite of the scrumptious piece of buttered and toasted bread.(2) There may be situations, your Honour, where that section may bite to ensnare a situation which at first glance one would think would not be covered.(3) Sherry vinegar brightens salad dressings with a sharp bite of purple grapes.(4) Unlike last year, there won't be a bar so bring a packed lunch for a bite to eat and drink.(5) Rabies is an invariably fatal viral disease caused by the bite of an infected animal, usually a dog.(6) Robyn took a large bite out of her sandwich(7) No great penalty because the weather has turned somewhat grey and dour, with a bite in the wind that's guaranteed to find its way through all but the stoutest of outdoor clothing.(8) It's a small bite of interesting thoughts, statistics and references.(9) The next time your all set to bite into a succulent Fish, think Yana Gupta.(10) The pressures were starting to bite even before the long term effects of foot and mouth spread into the sector.(11) The wind now has a bite that it did not have just a few days ago.(12) I asked, grabbing a piece of toast and taking a satisfying bite .(13) The gentler side of onions comes out in the cooking - but even when their pungency has been tamed, they retain a little bite to remind you of their wild past.(14) Snappers strike viciously when lifted from water or teased and can inflict a serious bite .(15) a hundred or so retailers should bite(16) They use their ability to produce venom to defend them against predators and with their large fangs they are able to deliver a nasty bite .
(1) bite off :: बंद हानी
(2) insect bite :: कीटक दंश
(3) love bite :: प्रेम चाव्याव्दारे
(4) sound bite :: आवाज चाव्याव्दारे
(5) bite the dust :: धूळ हानी
(6) mosquito bite :: डास चावल्यानंतर
(7) bite the bullet :: बुलेट हानी
(8) take a bite :: एक उष्टे
1. sink one's teeth into ::
मध्ये एक दात पाडणे
2. corrode ::
3. accept ::
4. sting ::
5. munch ::
6. mouthful ::
7. a snack ::
8. sting ::
9. piquancy ::
10. bit ::
11. chomp ::
12. snack ::
13. pungency ::
bite, bites, biting
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
Let them also BITE
those too weak and afraid
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
I've known a wildling to BITE off his tongue
instead of talking.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
- How was your date?
- Bite me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
You better eat every BITE of that.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
English to Marathi Dictionary: bite
Meaning and definitions of bite, translation in Marathi
language for bite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bite in Marathi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'bite'
What bite means in Marathi, bite meaning
in Marathi, bite
definition, examples and pronunciation
of bite in Marathi language.